The filtration process in oil filtration plants entraps oil impurities by passing it through special porous partitions, known as filter elements. Filtration device consists of frames and plates, separated by filtering material which is placed between them. Filter press elements are assembled and tightened by clamps in such a way as to form special canals for oil passage. Pressure generated by oil pump forces oil through filtering material. The process is controlled by a manometer that shows transformer oil pressure in filter press.
The quality of filtration process in oil filtration plants depends on many factors including the material of filter elements, which are cardboard or various fabrics. When using fabrics it is necessary to ensure that the fibers do not shed when the filter press is running. This may cause contamination of oil.
The design of filter presses has certain drawbacks, such as:
- possibility of transformer oil contact with atmospheric air (leakage);
- low performance;
- necessary frequent replacement of a filter element.
Filters for mechanical impurities are leakproof vertical cylindrical vessels that can be opened at the top or the bottom. A filter package includes a metal discs and filter filling, made of nonwoven fabric.
Oil fills the internal cavity of the filter; then it passes under pressure through the filling, where it undergoes purification, after which it gets into the grooves of the aluminum disk.
Leakproof filters eliminate any possible contact of transformer oil with atmospheric air, though they still have disadvantages.
develops and supplies equipment designed for transformer oils filtration. GlobeCore
insulating oil filtration plants feature the following characteristics:
- oil has no contact with atmospheric air;
- different performance parameters. It is possible to choose optimal equipment for both small energy providers and oil recycling factories;
- Recycling (restoring) of filtering elements. Fuller’s earth adsorbent, in particular, has a capacity of 300 reactivations that is equivalent to a 1.5-2 years of operation;
- mobility, which allows to perform oil filtration in any part of a production area;
- energy efficient;
- ecologically clean.